Any initial thought of a kitchen remodel or new design considers what basic color pallet shall take precedent. Will you go with a white cabinet, black kitchen, or perhaps any number of different natural wood cabinets … maybe painted or stained?
Often times a kitchen is the center of household entertainment and function. Selecting the right type of cabinets will be important to an ascetically pleasing look and sets the basis for other decisions.
The black kitchen design with dark cabinetry offers some advantages and disadvantages, as with any cabinet selection. Understanding your particular daily routines, personal style, available space, etc. will help inform what type of kitchen cabinets would work best for you.
Below are some quick suggestions to keep in mind for a black kitchen design:
- Although black kitchens will help conceal some dirt compared to white kitchen designs, you will notice scratches and dinks in the wood more.
- Make sure there is plenty of natural or artificial lighting to highlight the dark tones and prevent the space from feeling heavy and too dark.
- Balance out the overall design with warm color tones or color when selecting countertops, flooring, accent walls, fixtures, etc.
- The color tone of your black kitchen design will also come into play; is it pure black, espresso, double espresso? … you’ll notice the difference.
- Not all the cabinets need to be black either. Some designs incorporate different upper and lower cabinets or a different island style.
- Having a canvas that is already mono toned opens up opportunities to highlight fixtures, walls, chairs, etc. Anything you want a pop of color in.
Black kitchens are modern and trendy with stainless steel appliances right?
Sure, its been trendy and may continue to be trendy. The style of your kitchen chances are will eventually become out dated anyways in years to come, so when your kids look at pictures they can say ‘that was a gross kitchen, everyone had stainless steel mom!’
Well no one can predict the future, but you can count on the potential resale value of your home at some point. Not everyone is drawn to a black kitchen.
But if you are in it for the long haul, then have a look at some of these black kitchen designs for some inspiration.
Remember, its always a good idea to consult a professional as there are many elements to an appealing and functional kitchen design.
Stunning Black Kitchen Designs
Below is a list of images we collected from various websites for black kitchens.
Get Creative and if you have feedback or questions, email us!