Need help escaping the heat of summer? Check out these swimming pools that have stunning views. I guess we all cannot have beautiful blue water or mountain ranges in our backyard but we can dream!
Although the surrounding landscape certainly helps create a wonderful swimming pool experience, you can apply some basic design strategies when considering purchasing or building your own swimming pool.
SEE ALSO: 20 Modern Open Living Room Ideas
Once the decision to get a pool has been made you need to consider a few options right away to narrow down what is available to you. Your budget, surrounding terrain, available space and accessibility are all pieces to the puzzle that must be balanced.
I would love to have an amazing pool escape like a beach front resort
You and me both. The good news is that you can certainly plan for your ultimate end goal as we cannot all afford the grand vision right away.
Creating a plan for where the pool would go, where landscaping should be placed, how the deck or patio might transition and even if you’d like to consider adding a bar area, cooking space, seating and lounging, etc. will create a cohesive end product years down the road.
All of which should be planned for at the start even if the only purchase would be the swimming pool itself.
- Consider safety: step size, safety rails and a non-slip surface are a must.
- Irregular spaces can be balanced by soft landscaping to create strong lines.
- Allow natural landscaping to help dictate the proper location for the swimming pool to offer optimized heating and shading.
- A pool should be an extension of your existing homes style and not an after market installation. You want it to blend into and transition nicely.
- You are creating an outdoor space so give it as much consideration in its decor, furniture and finishes as you would an interior space.
- Natural wood and stone play really nicely with swimming pools but do not be afraid to incorporate patterns to create visual focus.
15 Swimming Pools with Amazing Views from around the World
Below is a list of images we collected on swimming pools from Houzz.com
Get Creative and if you have feedback or questions, email us!